Rodriguez recently told The Hollywood Reporter that production on Sin City 2 is due to start this summer, hot on the heels of Machete’s sequel, which will begin filming in April. No specific date has been given, and given Rodriguez’ track record, it’s safe to assume that the start date he has given could be put off or delayed once again.
Rodriguez also didn’t confirm any cast members, but he insisted that the film will target an eclectic mix of established stars, in roles that are not part of their usual repertoire (similar to the original’s cast). No storylines have been confirmed yet, but previous interviews have already suggested A Dame to Kill as the primary subject matter.
“Sin City 2 is primarily an adaptation of the book A Dame to Kill For,” said Frank Miller last year. “It also features the short story, Just Another Saturday Night and two new stories, one involving Jessica Alba’s character, Nancy Callahan, that I came up with for the movie in order to tie things together and make it be more united with the first.”