Epic recently announced two Gears of War 3 DLC packs and we’re a week away from the first downloadable content. Rolling out November 1st, Horde Command Pack comes with three new multiplayer maps, three new playable characters, two new weapons skins, new fortification upgrades for Horde and 250 extra Gamerscore achievements!
The three new map packs are:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
Four new forfications:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
Three new playable characters:
- Big Rig Dizzy
- Onyx Guard (SPOILER: this suit is related to one of the new achievements)
And make sure to choose the new Team Plasma or Jungle Camo skins before you head balls out into battle to chainsaw Death in the face!
Coming later this year, RAMM’s Shadow will deliver an additional 3 hours of campaign and serves as a prequel of sorts to Gears of War 1. It will come with six new multiplayer characters, the Chocolate weapon skin set, and the chance to unleash Locust Hell on Humanity as General RAAM!
The Horde Command pack is available November 1 for 800 Microsoft points, RAAM’s Shadow will be released on December 13th for 1,200 points, or both will be an automatic download if you already purchased the Seasons Pass (btw, as I’ve said before, you should get, since it’s a 33% savings on the first four DLC).
And since we’re on the subject of DLC, Bioware announced via Twitter recently that they will be releasing a Mass Effect 3 demo in January 2012 which will include both campaign and multiplayer content. Bioware has stated one way of ensuring you get to play the demo is by purchasing Battlefield 3, but also said to stay tuned as they will be announcing other ways of getting in on this in November and December.
Gamertag: Doog the Mighty